BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

1st glimpse!

today was my first appointment! i've been looking forward to seeing the ultrasound, but after two miscarriages this year, also very nervous. at first, my doctor wasn't able to see a heartbeat - so we were both worried for a moment. but less than a minute later, there it was. i got to see our little bean, see the heartbeat, and also listen to the heartbeat. immediately relieved, i felt like i can finally begin to be relaxed and excited about this pregnancy. 

the due date they gave me was july 6th, but i knew i wasn't that far along. my own calculations put the due date at july 16th - which was SO cool because that was my grandma's birthday. dr. snyder measured the baby and came up with a new due date....july 16th!! i can't begin to express how much joy that brings me! it would be even cooler if he/she is born on the due date!

i am 8 weeks along, and happy to report i felt pretty good today. still nauseous, but compared to what i've been feeling...well enough enjoy my first appointment. feeling less sick made me nervous, though. i was concerned that less nausea meant something was wrong. but, nope! all is perfectly well. dr. snyder said that after seeing the yolk sac, baby and heartbeat, chances of a miscarriage at this point are below 3%. what a huge weight, lifted from me. i am so happy. dr. snyder was my obgyn when i had jenna. i wanted to have him again when i was pregnant with jackson but he had gone part-time. but he's back to full-time again...yay! he's wonderful.


4 comments:

Jodie said...

Yay! So glad you had a great appt!

Unknown said...

So glad everything went well at your appointment. Seeing the little heart beat is the best feeling! I hope our babies are as good of friends as Ellie and Jenna. So fun!

Rojahn Family said...

You wonderful girl. I just love you. And having a trusted doctor makes all the difference in the whole world! What a blessing! We will keep praying all goes as hoped. We are excited for you all and love you guys so much.

Tina said...

So cool that the due date is on Grandma's birthday! Happy for you and Jim and the whole family! And glad you are feeling better.