BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, August 14, 2008

9 weeks today

i'm still alive, barely.

i'm going to take just a couple minutes to update everyone, since i feel too awful to be at the computer for any length of time. yesterday was my first appointment. i met with a new doctor, dr. roe. my previous dr. is focusing more on administration and has gone part-time. well, i want a full time doc!! dr. roe was excellent - very thorough, knowledgeable, and kind. i think i will be happy with him.
i was nervous that something would be wrong, but sure enough - there was a heartbeat! i got to watch it on the little monitor while dr. roe informed me that i am a few days further along than i originally thought. a few days further along? sweeeeet! that's like skipping three days of nausea! so, the new due date is march 20th, 2009. here's our little bean (the head is on the left side):

i've been so grateful to have tons of help with babysitting and meals - even house cleaning! my heart is very full and i am soooo appreciative. i'm still sick 24/7 and it's absolutely miserable, but with all the assistance, love and support - it makes it easier. thank you, everyone!!

5 comments:

jillian said...

wow, congrats. it's always nice to find that your new doc isn't horrible! happend once. Stickin with women. good luck with your weesie-quesies!

Uneven Pavement said...

That is the cutest "bean" ever!! (well besides my own!!)
I miss you! Feel better soon!

Keri said...

That's wonderful that your due date was moved up a tad...can't complain about that! How long were you sick with your others? I can't remember. I'm so jealous of your skinny little bod. :)

whirlygig said...

Why did you have an Ultrasound so early in your pregnancy? Are you having a high risk pregnancy or did your doctor suspect a possible problem? Is your current pregnancy progressing differently than previous pregnancies?

I hope all is well and that you start feeling better soon.

conner posse said...

It's routine to have an u/s early in pregnancy. The u/s helps determine baby's size, due date, heartbeat, etc. I've always had u/s at my first appointments, as well as throughout the pregnancy.

I have never had a high risk pregnancy...just miserable first trimesters! The only thing different about this pregnancy is that I haven't ended up in the ER (yet) - knock on wood!!